Thursday, February 10, 2011

Custom Invitation Designs


Recently, my friend and I were talking about our wedding invites.  She's getting married a month before me so we share wedding ideas back and forth.  She found a cute invitation online and wanted to customize a design that had the same general look and feel.  While she could spend tons of time trying to design the invitation herself, I suggested that she find a professional who could lend a hand.  Where to find such a designer?

The surge in brides wanting custom invites has led to tons of small design studios offering their services.  Type "invitation designer" into google and you'll see what I mean.  Etsy has plenty to choose from as well.  But if you don't have thousands to spend on couture invites, the best source for designers is Weddingbee's Classifieds.  Why is this such a great option?  For one thing, aspiring artists offer discount rates.  Sometime, these artists will offer services for free if it's just design service without printing.  It's mutually beneficial: the designer gets to build up his/her portfolio with new designs, and you get a great rate on a custom design.  It's not just aspiring artists who post on Weddingbee Classifieds.  Seasoned professionals offer their services and special discounts there as well.

The best thing about any designer you find online is that there is no need to meet in person.  You can email ideas back and forth, pay online, and receive hard copy samples in the mail.  I will have more on my own invitations at a later time, but I'll do a quick shout out to Stephanie at Pink Orchid Press.  And yes, I found her wonderful services on Weddingbee Classifieds.


No comments:

Post a Comment